NC App Due Date: Friday, March 17th
NC Winner Announcement: Friday, April 14th
NAAE Award App Deadline for State Winners: Monday, May 15th
As an agriculture teacher, we do not often take time reflect on our successes. Award applications are often seen as a burden and too time consuming. However, many award recipients will tell you that the professional growth from the award process makes it worth the effort.
It is time to begin award applications for NCATA and NAAE this year.
NAAE Awards are judged at the state, regional, and national levels. Award recipients gain experience, travel, and recognition.
You can find out about the requirements and descriptions for most award areas HERE. Please read this entire email for all application instructions. Please use the linked website to understand the application requirements, but DO NOT use the online system until you have been chosen as a state winner in that area.
All awards will first be judged at the State Level. For this level, you will submit applications directly to NCATA (not using the online system found at naee.org.) Read below for application instructions.
The following award areas are available:
- NAAE Upper Division Scholarship
- NAAE Outstanding Teacher Award
- NAAE Outstanding Early Career Teacher Award
- NAAE Outstanding Middle/Secondary Program Award
- NAAE Outstanding Postsecondary Agriculture Program Award
- NAAE Teacher Mentor Award
- NAAE Ideas Unlimited Award
- NAAE Outstanding Cooperation Award
- NAAE Outstanding Service Citation
- NAAE Lifetime Achievement Award
- NAAE Teachers Turn the Key Professional Development Scholarship
- NCATA Only Award: Eric N. Godwin NCATA Scholarship. First year members may apply for a scholarship on their second year dues to NCATA. You can apply using the attached application, or by visiting the award section of ncagteachers.org.
ALL Award Applications are due to April Pittman, NCATA Executive Director, by Friday, March 17th at 5pm, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the attached Application Cover Sheet for the first page of the award application. The remainder of the application should follow the guidelines from the NAAE website found HERE.
All awards should be submitted to April Pittman in a pdf format for judging. NC nominees (state winners) will be notified by April 14th. These nominees will then submit their application via the NAAE website by May 15th.
North Carolina Agriculture Teachers Association