Current and Potential North Carolina Agriculture Teachers
Great News! – Our New Website is up and running!
You can now pay your dues online at our website, before Summer Conference! See details below! ALL MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE REGISTERED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. The website checkout process will create an account for you on our website. This account will enable you to view the TEACHER RESOURCES available to NCATA Members.
Summer Conference is next week! This means great professional development, time to reconnect with & meet new teachers and renew (or join for the first time) our professional organizations North Carolina Agriculture Teachers Association (NCATA) and National Association of Agriculture Educators (NAAE).
Why Join NCATA?
- Unite & Network with Agriculture in NC and across the US. We are FAMILY!
- NCATA cannot function without its members. All agriculture teachers reap many of the benefits of NCATA (Improved funding, twelve month employment, etc.), but NCATA still needs its members to help the organization continue to support agriculture education in this state and nation.
- Mentoring support for new teachers
- Professional Development specifically for NCATA/NAAE members
- Membership in the National Association of Agriculture Educators and all of the benefits associated with it!
- $100,000 liability insurance through the NAAE
- Work with legislation, we have our own lobbyist, to affect positive professional change.
- Early registration for FFA Camp (all teachers in the program must be members). If your agriculture education program has 100% NCATA Membership by the assigned deadline each year, your program will register early for NC FFA Camp at White Lake.
- Tools, through networking, Communities of Practice (NAAE), etc, to have a successful Ag Ed program that you enjoy
- Resources – Have access to NCATA member created and vetted resources, stored, easily organized and sorted in our own website. Member website login required for access to these resources.
- Awards and Recognition
- Help provide scholarships to
our future Ag Ed Family members.
How to Join!
All members will need to join/renew by submitting membership information via the website first, then paying by the methods below. Paper copy backup membership forms will be available at Summer Conference, if so desired by the member.
Here are the steps to join (See the screenshots below if you need a visual aid:)
- Visit the website: ncagteachers.org
- Click on “Join NCATA” on the right side of the screen. Click on “Pay your dues and Join Here.”
- There will be a “SHOP” for purchasing your membership. Purchase your product and COMPLETE ALL INFORMATION FIELDS AT CHECKOUT. This updates our membership records AND creates your account to access the Teacher Resources on the site.
- Here are the products and what they mean:
- Grey Box: Ag Ed Magazine, $12
- Purple Box: Donate to NCATA, $10 increments.
- Blue Box: NCATA AND ACTE Membership, $285 (includes $5 online transaction fee)
- Yellow Box: NCATA Membership, $165 (includes $5 online transaction fee)
- Red Box: Associate Membership in NAAE AND NCATA, $55 (includes $5 online transaction fee)
- Red Box #2: Associate Membership in ONLY NCATA, $20 (includes $5 online transaction fee)
- Green Box: Student NCATA/NAAE Membership, $15
- White Box: NC Retired Teachers Association Membership, $30 (includes $5 online transaction fee)
- Black Box: Join the Wayne Proffitt Memorial Benevolence Fund, $15 (includes $5 online transaction fee)
NO MATTER THE PAYMENT METHOD- ALL MEMBERS WILL REGISTER VIA THE WEBSITE AND CHECKOUT TO CREATE THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND UPDATE OUR RECORDS.
- CHECK: please give to your NCATA Regional
Vice President at Summer Conference (no $5 charge for checks, but must
still check-out on the website.)
- ***Post Dating Payments*** You may post date your payment up to October 1, 2019. Please be aware- you will not have the $100,000 liability insurance until your payment clears.
- If paying in monthly installments, members must pay dues by check. Be sure to check this option while completing membership information.
- CREDIT CARD: Through PayPal at the website checkout. You do NOT need a Paypal Account, you may checkout as a guest with your credit card.
Joining ACTE / NCACTE
Members interested in increased benefits, liability coverage, advocacy efforts and professional development should also join our sister organization, Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) and North Carolina Association for Career and Technical Education (NCACTE).
Options for joining ACTE / NCACTE are also included on our website.
ACTE is running a reduced rate for dues – $249.00 SPECIAL DUES FOR NAAE & NCATA + ACTE & NCACTE -Tuesday, July 16, 2019 only for those who have never been a member of ACTE/NCACTE, or have not renewed your dues in past 2 years you are eligible.
IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND
INTERESTED IN THIS OPTION, PLEASE WAIT TO SEE MORE SPECIFIC INFORMATION ON
JOINING ACTE/NCACTE IN A SEPARATE EMAIL COMING OUT SOON. YOU CAN HOWEVER GO
AHEAD AND PROCEED WITH JOINING NAAE/NCATA THROUGH OUR WEBSITE, JUST BE SURE TO
ONLY SELECT THE NCATA (YELLOW BUTTON) OPTION AT CHECK OUT.
Were you an ACTE Member last 1-2 years? Then, please join again through selecting the “Blue Box” at our website checkout for both NCATA and ACTE Dues.
Here is our NEW NCATA WEBSITE – for all your professional Agriculture Teacher Needs!
Please let us know if you have any questions via email@example.com
Your 2018-2019 NCATA President, Chad Ayers
Your Executive Director, April Pittman