WHY JOIN NCATA?
- You are a professional. This is THE professional organization for agriculture teachers in the state of North Carolina.
- NCATA cannot function without its members. All agriculture teachers reap many of the benefits of NCATA (Improved funding, twelve month employment, etc.), but NCATA still needs its members to help the organization continue to support agriculture education in this state and nation.
- Representation in the legislative process at the state level to support you as an agriculture educator.
- Membership in the National Association of Agriculture Educators and all of the benefits associated with it!
- Access to Teacher Resources on this site! Resources categorized by class and objective to help you meet your classroom needs. Also, FFA and SAE resources.
- Early access to NC FFA Camp Registration. If your agriculture education program has 100% NCATA Membership by the assigned deadline each year, your program will register early for NC FFA Camp at White Lake.
- Awards and scholarships only available to NCATA Members.
- Professional Development for NCATA Members! See below…
Your NAAE Membership (Through NCATA) Provides: Professional Liability Insurance Coverage and other insurance options through the Trust for Insuring Educators (for active, active life, and student members)
- $100,000 in-dues professional liability insurance coverage. In-dues coverage does not include job protection benefits.
- Low rates for professional liability insurance upgrades — $35 for $1 million coverage; $50 for $2 million coverage. Upgrades include valuable job protection benefits that provide legal support if you’re subject to termination, reassignment, demotion or suspension.
- New members are entitled to a $40,000 term life insurance policy at no cost for two full years from their initial join date.To take advantage of this benefit, make sure NAAE has your current work, home and email addresses so you can be enrolled. At the end of your free term, Forest T. Jones, the plan administrator, will allow you to renew the policy. You will receive information from them about how to do that.
Professional Development for NCATA Members
Professional development is vital to the success of any agriculture teacher. Each year there are many opportunities for North Carolina agriculture teachers to remain up-to-date and receive important information on technical agriculture, agricultural education, and the FFA as well as many other topics. Listed below are some opportunities.
- Spring and Fall Regional In-Service Workshops
- NCATA Award Applications
- NCATA Board Meetings
- NCATA Annual Meeting
- ACTE Award Applications
- NAAE Award Applications
- Agricultural Education Professional Development Workshops (Summer)
- Summer Teachers’ Conference (CTE Summer Conference)
- NAAE Region V Conference
- NAAE Convention