Awards for NCATA and NAAE Members
NCATA offers participation in the NAAE Awards listed below. We also offer one special scholarship for NCATA Members, The Eric N. Godwin Scholarship. This Scholarship offers membership to second year NCATA Members. You may apply at the end of your first year of NCATA Membership. (See below for information on High School Graduate Scholarships.)
NAAE maintains an extensive awards program to recognize the accomplishments of our many talented and dedicated members. We have awards for agricultural educators in every stage of their careers, from scholarships to lifetime achievement. We also manage grant programs for organizations who want to help support agricultural education and agricultural educators.
2023 Award Applications
NC App Due Date: Friday, March 17th
NC Winner Announcement: Friday, April 14th
NAAE Award App Deadline for State Winners: Monday, May 15th
You can find out about the requirements and descriptions for most award areas HERE. Please read this entire email for all application instructions. Please use the linked website to understand the application requirements, but DO NOT use the online system until you have been chosen as a state winner in that area.
All awards will first be judged at the State Level. For this level, you will submit applications directly to NCATA (not using the online system found at naee.org.) Read below for application instructions.
The following award areas are available:
- NAAE Upper Division Scholarship
- NAAE Outstanding Teacher Award
- NAAE Outstanding Early Career Teacher Award
- NAAE Outstanding Middle/Secondary Program Award
- NAAE Outstanding Postsecondary Agriculture Program Award
- NAAE Teacher Mentor Award
- NAAE Ideas Unlimited Award
- NAAE Outstanding Cooperation Award
- NAAE Outstanding Service Citation
- NAAE Lifetime Achievement Award
- NAAE Teachers Turn the Key Professional Development Scholarship
- NCATA Only Award: Eric N. Godwin NCATA Scholarship. First year members may apply for a scholarship on their second year dues to NCATA. You can apply using the attached application, or by visiting the award section of ncagteachers.org.
ALL Award Applications are due to April Pittman, NCATA Executive Director, by Friday, March 17th at 5pm, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the attached Application Cover Sheet for the first page of the award application. The remainder of the application should follow the guidelines from the NAAE website found HERE.
All awards should be submitted to April Pittman in a pdf format for judging. NC nominees (state winners) will be notified by April 14th. These nominees will then submit their application via the NAAE website by May 15th.
North Carolina Agriculture Teachers Association