Find information about our members and current agriculture teachers in North Carolina HERE
Learn about joining NCATA and become a member HERE
The NCATA is a professional organization dedicated to the enhancement and support of the state and local Agriculture Education Programs and NCATA Members.
- We provide professional development opportunities.
- We are politically active.
- We offer recognition for outstanding members and programs.
- We encourage scholarship programs.
- We offer peer support.
We aspire to….
- Be a voice to all agriculture teachers, led by members who are well trained and knowledgeable of their duties and responsibilities to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Provide a mentoring program where an accomplished teacher works with a new teacher in all aspects of teaching agriculture.
- Better inform members by regular publication of newsletters using new technology and this website.
- Improve communication and participate with other entities that have a vested interest in agricultural education.
The Agriculture Teacher’s Creed
|I am an agricultural educator by choice and not by chance. |
I believe in American agriculture; I dedicate my life to its development and the advancement of its people.
I will strive to set before my students by my deeds and actions the highest standards of citizenship for the community, state and nation.
I will endeavor to develop professionally through study, travel and exploration.
I will not knowingly wrong my fellow teachers. I will defend them as far as honesty will permit.
I will work for the advancement of agricultural education and I will defend it in my community, state and nation.
I realize that I am a part of the public school system. I will work in harmony with school authorities and other teachers of the school.
My love for youth will spur me on to impart something from my life that will help make for each of my students a full and happy future.