From your NCATA Board of Directors,
We are excited to see you for our Mid-Winter Conference on February 8th at Richlands High School. We have created a day for you to both enjoy time with your colleagues and “take time for yourself” by growing professionally.
Mid-Winter Conference is a great time for ANY agriculture teacher, NCATA Member or not, to cultivate their career and spend time with colleagues. Also, attendance to this conference can count as three points on your “12 Month Employment Evaluation.”
The DEADLINE to REGISTER is Monday, January 27th.
You may use this email and your registration confirmation (sent via email after you register) for documentation needed by your school system. Please use your registration confirmation as your invoice and submit payment to:
Matt Owen – Treasurer / Dues Remitter
8050 NC Hwy 801
Mt. Ulla, NC 28125
Mid-Winter Conference Details
2020 NCATA Winter Conference
Saturday, February 8th, 2020
Richlands High School
8100 Richlands Hwy
Richlands, NC 28574
*NCATA Board of Directions meeting will take place on Friday, February 7th at 4pm in the Richlands High School Media Center.
$25 for NCATA Members
$40 for Non-NCATA Members
$5 for Guests
Price includes conference registration, light breakfast, and lunch.
Richlands High School
Friday, February 7th
4:00pm Board of Directors Meeting, Richlands High School Media Center
6:30pm Board of Directors Dinner, Mike’s Farm Restaurant
Saturday, February 8th
8:00-9:00am Registration & Light Breakfast
9:00-10:15am Breakout Session 1
10:30-11:45am Breakout Session 2
12:45-1:00pm NCATA Updates
1:15-2:00pm Mini Session 1
2:15-3:00pm Mini Session 2
Workshop Options for Morning Breakout Sessions (selected during registration process)
NBCT Prep, SAE for All Strategies, School Based SAE Projects, Foundational SAE Ideas, Hands-On Learning, Managing an Effective FFA Officer Team, Project Based Learning
Workshop Options for Afternoon Mini Sessions (selected during registration process)
Agricultural Sales CDE, Agriscience Fair, Livestock Evaluation CDE, National Chapter Program, Parliamentary Procedure CDE, Poultry CDE
CEUs will be emailed to you after the conclusion of the conference.
Jacksonville has many wonderful hotels for your stay the night before the conference. We have worked with two great hotels to provide the “State Rate” of $75.10 or below for our stay. These two hotels have blocked rooms for the conference.
Hotel Options with Blocked Rooms:
- Mainstay Inn &
Suites of Jacksonville
- Full kitchens in each room, Wi-Fi, 24 Hour Room Service, Complimentary Breakfast
- (910) 219-1238
- To book here, please call and say that you are with the North Carolina Agriculture Teacher’s Association.
- Towneplace Suites by
- Single King with pull out sofa for $66.45 (with tax that is $75.0885 or $75.09)
- 2 bedroom suites that have a king bed, a queen bed and a pull out sofa in the living area for a rate $79 plus tax.
- Full kitchens in each room, Wi-Fi, Complimentary Continental Breakfast.
- Hampton Inn &
- Double Queen or Single King Rooms for $79.10 plus tax (approximately $89.00.
- Rave review for this hotel and its service.
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast.
- Most rooms include a mini-fridge and coffeemaker.
- Please ONLY use this DIRECT BOOKING LINK for this hotel. This booking link expires on Thursday, January 16th.
There are other hotels in the area that range in price from $50-$150 a night, including Red Roof Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, and more.
Thank you. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This registration information will also be posted on our website, ncagteachers.org.
NCATA President, Jennifer Broadwell
NCATA Executive Director, April Pittman